WHY DEVELOPERS ARE SHIFTING TOWARDS FLUTTER ?
Flutter is an open-source mobile application development framework created by Google. It is used to develop applications for Android and iOS, as well as being the primary method of creating applications for Google Fuchsia OS.
One of the best features,cross platform independency that flutter provides to it’s users .Since app development companies are looking for cross platform dependency to develop new mobile applications so that it’s source code can be used on other platforms also.
Google has created an open-source mobile app SDK (Software Development Kit) named Flutter with the help of which developers can use similar codebase for developing both Android and iOS apps. Since React Native framework is popular these days, Flutter can appear to be React Native at first.
THE QUESTION NOW IS WHY TO CHOOSE FLUTTER ??
1. Provides Better Technical Structure : Apple didn’t revealed about it’s native iOS development tools and on the other hand google provided Flutter platform . Swift programming language is the language that can be found on Apple’s Github whereas Google built Dart language which can be used to write mobile app code for Flutter.
Dart has some awesome features like powerful typing, generics, a rich library, and async-await effective app building.
2. Quick Development Concept : Flutter consists of dynamic scripting languages to experience a good performance of the compiled languages which makes it faster and a step ahead from others.Dart has two modes – interpreted and compiled modes. Its interpreted mode offers a great reload experience whereas its compiled mode helps in compiling an application down to native machine code when you are about to launch the app.
3. Testing Support : Apple provides XCTest which is for native UI testing framework, performance,integration and unit of iOS applications. But there was an issue in this kind of framework ,it lacks in some of the features like snapshot tests , the grouping of tests and data-driven testing. On the other hand Flutter brings a great testing framework which has fast documentations,widget testing, functional and unit tests which shows how a developer brings out the operations of some application.
4. CI/CD(Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) Assistance : Apple introduced Xcode Server that enables the streamed and constant integration & delivery of native iOS apps, but it isn’t scalable much.On the other side Flutter has already tied up with Nevercode and introduced their Codemagic CI/CD Solutions, it can test,develop,detect and bind the Flutter applications without further alterations .
FLUTTER APP HIGHLIGHT REEL
- Alibaba : The world’s largest online commerce company ,used flutter which helped them to create a beautiful app experience for iOS and Android on their Xianyu app which has crossed around 50M+ downloads worldwide. For the Xianyu team, Flutter’s ease of implementation suited the goal of bringing product detail pages online as quickly as possible, with the implementation of functions as a priority.
- AppTree : AppTree accelerates your business by solving common enterprise app build, deploy and support challenges. It provides an enterprise app platform for brands like McDonalds, Stanford, Wayfair & Fermilab. Flutter provides Map View Plugin and helps in sharing codes on different platforms.
- Hamilton Musical : Flutter helped them in building two native apps from a single code base. Since it build features once, the app is far more consistent on both iOS and Android with less overhead ensuring the consistency. Also, the use of Flutter made them move forward and achieving their goals.
- Google Ads : The Google itself implemented Flutter on Google Ads which provides user smooth flow of their ad campaigns worldwide as per their preference.
- Reflectly : A beautiful journal and mindfulness app driven by artificial intelligence. Reflectly earlier was using react native for the app development it also promised cross platform independence but it lacked in terms of android since it wasn’t stable on android devices which turned out to be one of the major problems for the company. Flutter solved this problem and the developers loved it since it is more consistent in cross platform app development.
If we talk about React Native it has a large community developers who are using it currently, it’s having a great coding structure too, and really good adoption base for the developers.
Developers are quite used to it since they are more familiar with it.
When it comes to Flutter, it’s the future of mobile app development. I’m calling it future since it’s not in that much use now, developers think of it risky since it’s using dart and many developers are not that much aware about it.
The only thing that’s stopping most of the developers is that Google’s well-known move of shutting down open source and acquired products.
Thanks for giving your prestigious time here,
Stay Tuned !!!
Read our more Blogs here !